Both ClearCorrect™ and Invisalign® are often referred to as invisible braces as they both use a series of clear aligners to straighten your teeth. You wear them for 22 hours per day, and only take them out to brush or floss your teeth, and to eat or drink.
They are hard transparent molds that fit snugly over your teeth. The doctor will digitally “map” your teeth, resulting in an aligner that fits your mouth and teeth perfectly. Aligners are an alternative to conventional braces, except in more severe cases. There is much less mouth or gum irritation and almost no one can tell that you are wearing them!
Treatment protocol involves you wearing aligners for two to three weeks at a time, and then having them changed out as your teeth begin to move. With conventional braces, you would have your braces tightened or adjusted every two to four weeks to achieve the same purpose. Over time, your aligners will shift your teeth into the correct position, providing you with a healthy mouth and a beautiful smile!
Invisalign and ClearCorrect are the two companies that make these products.
Invisalign was the first company to manufacture and market clear aligners back in the 1990s. ClearCorrect was founded in 2006. However, this doesn’t automatically make Invisalign the better option.
ClearCorrect comparison shows some distinct advantages:
- Invisalign treatment costs more for your dentist, and ultimately you.
- With Invisalign, you receive all of your aligners up front, for the duration of your treatment. If adjustment or tweaking is needed, additional costs are incurred to purchase additional aligners.
- ClearCorrect sends a few at a time, which allows your dentist to tweak the fit along the course of treatment, with no additional charge.
- Many times, when treatment protocol ends, a retainer is required to help keep your teeth in place. Invisalign charges for this retainer, whereas ClearCorrect does not.
- Invisalign has developed a reputation among dentists for having overall poor customer service. ClearCorrect prides themselves on their great customer service and dentists give them very good reviews. This is important for you if you lost an aligner or if something needs adjusting during your treatment.
- ClearCorrect aligners are manufactured in the United States; Invisalign are not.
- Invisalign products can become cloudy over time, making them more visible and unattractive. ClearCorrect applies a smooth surface finish to theirs to prevent them from clouding.
- ClearCorrect aligners are thinner and more comfortable to wear. They are made from a specialized material called Zendura which is designed for intense stress protection making them less likely to crack or deform under bite pressure.
ClearCorrect comparison of plans offered
- Limited 6 Plan is ideal for those only needing minor adjustments to teeth, and only requires 6 sets of aligners.
- Limited 12 Plan provides further ranges of treatment requiring 12 trays, and if changes need to be made midway, there is no additional fee
- Unlimited Plan provides as many sets of aligners as are needed and dentists can revise and recalculate as needed, with no additional fees incurred.
Invisalign offers one plan with specified numbers of aligners determined at the beginning of treatment. If ANY changes need to be made, whether in how the aligners fit, or the number of aligners needed, there will be additional costs.
At Southtown Dental, we believe that our ClearCorrect comparison finds it to be the better choice in clear aligners with outstanding customer service. As they are more affordable than Invisalign, we are able to pass those savings on to our patients, making it possible for more of our patients to have beautiful smiles.
For more information about ClearCorrect, you can visit their website at: https://clearcorrect.com/
Give us a call at 210-227-0101 to see if clear aligners are right for you! We’d love to help you improve your smile!